Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How to do a How to Speech


On Monday, I taught my class how to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Drop Cookies. And they turned out quite nicely if I do day so myself. They are basically a poor man's puppy chow and who really does not enjoy some puppy chow now and then?

The video recording of my presentation did not work so I did not see it but I would say that I covered the basics of the presentation without a doubt. I had a full introduction and conclusion, I stayed within the time limit, and I gave clear and simple instructions. I had all my visual aids and I went throught all the necessary steps in making these cookies. Overall, I would sat that I did pretty well. But I saw some areas that could have stood for improvement. My first faux pas was that I did not look up at my audience enough. I looked down at what I was doing a lot when I could have done some of these things looking up. Also, a little more enthusiam would not have killed anybody. Personally, I think my main problem was that I did not channel my inner Rachael Ray. Also, I believe that I talked myself into corners sometimes. What I said would come out a little unorganized at times, especially during my introduction and conclusion. Those who know me well are used to deciphering this language of word scramble that I have unintentionally invented for myself but it may not be the best way of going about presentations out in the real world.

I believe that I did fairly well and got my points across using simple and clear instructions. If I did this speech again I would work on my eye contact and enthusiasm. I would want to do a different speech next time though because I think that it would be more beneficial for me to challenge myself with another topic to teach an audience.

Image from: http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/jc/rachel-ray-in-kitchen-lg.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment